Congratulations! You just had your first set of Novalash! The good news is, care is a breeze
● The golden rule is: look but don’t touch. This is what clients struggle with most. Hands off!
● You do NOT have to wait the standard 24-48 hours to wet them, like you do with other brands!
● Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
● Novalash is different, they lOVE oil, especially clean lash-a pomegranate seed oil makeup remover/cleansing product available for you to purchase.
● Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly or excessive brushing. While using a clean brush does help keep them clean, it's only needed once, maybe twice per day.
● Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area and NEVER use 'oil free' makeup removers. This is a product heavy in solvents. Solvents will gradually break down the adhesive.
● Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended unless it is Novalash brand, which is available for purchase and is completely safe for use with these extensions.
● Avoid sleeping face down to prevent pressing against your eyelashes. Ask about the 'pillow trick'
● Keep a clean eyelash brush handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Brush them carefully, from the middle up, and very gently-only when needed.
● Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed. This is very important!
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
● Do not wear eye makeup. Makeup close to the eye area must be removed prior to the application process. If you don't have time to clean, you will be expected to cleanse in the studio, prior to your appointment. Cleanser and clean towels are available for this. Try to arrive a few minutes early if you know you need to cleanse.
● Do not apply face creams or sunblock in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
● Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time-consuming and any residual makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions.
● Do not curl your lashes before your appointment. Extensions will not adhere to crimped eyelashes.